Discover more from AREALM Newsletter
AREALM Update: Multiplayer AR + No-Code AR Quest Creation Tools
Foundry Six is kicking off the 2nd half of 2023 with two highly ambitious and revolutionary AR initiatives: 1) No-Code AR Creation Tools for UGC 2) Multiplayer Passthrough AR / MR on HMDs
1) No-Code AR Creation Tools for UGC
- We're kicking off UX research for No-Code AR Quest Creation tools for AREALM
- We aim to empower Dungeon Masters + Roblox creators to create fantasy quests on a real world map roll20 style.
2) Multiplayer Passthrough AR / MR on HMDs (ie Oculus Quest and upcoming Vision Pro)
- Most HMD AR experiences right now are single player but the power of AR is to attract people together for in-person bonding
- We're working on a 4 player fantasy RPG passthrough AR experience. Private demo's will begin in Los Angeles this year. If you are interested helping us test early builds, write a comment or message me with contact info.
We will be sending out more information about both initiatives in the coming weeks. Feel free to ask any questions on the AREALM Discord.
On the collaboration and partnership front:
- Snap (Camera Kit): Exploring Camera Kit to allow people to experience custom filters as rewards for achievements in AREALM (our AR MMORPG platform).
- Qualcomm / Niantic, Inc. - As one of the ten vanguard developers - we'll port over our AR HMD experience to the mobile ecosystem of the Snapdragon Spaces
- Niantic (ARDK 3.0 Maps) - We were one of the first developers to integrate both Lightship ARDK 3.0 and Niantic Maps into our mobile version of AREALM. Our ambition to empower our community to localize our multiplayer HMD experiences across all of Niantic's waypoints.
- Foundry Six / AREALM Creator Fund - If you are an AR Developer or Technical Artist that is in transition, our creator fund offers an opportunity to vest on monthly basis with no cliff this year while building part-time. Work on bleeding edge AR technology with us and level up your skillset before your next journey.
DM me with quick messaging with AREALM Creator Fund and I'll get back to you if you are a XR Developer or a Technical Artist that would like to help us build an AR MMORPG Fantasy World.
As a startup we get a lot of help, some thanks from our team.
Thanks to Raag Harshavat for inviting us to the Snap Inc. Lens dinner at AWE where I was able to meet Tessa Kriesel and Micah Jackson. Also big thanks to Joe Gabriel and Daniel Morris for connecting us with Qualcomm and Meta recently!
Video with Antony Tran.
Final note, we're kicking off an in-person event series on AR in LA. The first will a be a state of the union for AR/MR and future events will feature guests. Register here on Partiful if you’d like to attend. It’s on August 2nd, 2023 (Wednesday).